Our members and visitors come from all over central Arkansas–downtown and midtown Little Rock, Chenal, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Conway, Mabelvale, East End, and beyond. While we are a United Methodist church, we embrace people of all faith backgrounds during worship. On any given Sunday, you will see young, old, male, female, white, black, biracial, multiracial, straight, gay, bisexual, single, dating, married, divorced, widowed, with children, without children, artistic, musical, witty, sober, seeking sobriety, rich, poor, mentally at peace, coping with mental illness, grieving, happy, healthy, sick and injured.
Here are some tips:
- Dress is come-as-you-are. Everything from jeans or shorts to suits and dresses is appropriate. We suggest you dress in layers the first few times you join us because it may be too warm or cool in the sanctuary.
- Free parallel parking is available on the streets surrounding the church. We also are allowed to use the parking lot at the northwest corner of 16th and Main, directly across from South Main Creative.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. You are welcome to sit anywhere and with anyone you would like.
- Children are welcome and encouraged to participate in worship. During each service, we have Time with Our Children, when any child can go to the chancel rail for a special lesson. Afterward, kids pick a treat and go sit with their friends and family. Activity bags are available at the back of the church with coloring books, crayons, legos, and other toys for wee ones who want to worship with their families but get the wiggles during grown-up talk. If your little one needs a break, please feel free to leave and return any time during the service. For families who prefer it, free childcare is available during Sunday School and worship.
- A ramp, a lift, and an elevator make our building accessible to individuals who have mobility issues. If you would like someone to show you the most accessible routes through the building, please contact the office before your first visit, and we’ll arrange for a guide to meet you outside. The church office is open 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. You can reach the office at 501 375 1600 or email@example.com.
- Our bathrooms are accessible to individuals with disabilities, gender neutral, and family friendly.
- Refreshments are available each Sunday morning in the narthex–just inside the double doors at the front of the church, before you enter the sanctuary. We offer coffee, bottled water, and snacks, so please come by, help yourself, and enjoy some fellowship before worship.
We want to make your visit to Quapaw Quarter United Methodist Church a rewarding one. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us any time. We will make whatever accommodations we can to make you welcome and comfortable.